Thursday, April 19, 2012

Follow Through


I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...I DID!
Today is the day that I meet with my trainer for our weekly session of DEATH AND DESTRUCTION (aka personal training session.)  I've haven't been performing at my peak the last few weeks, so I was prepping for today.  I've been taking my iron pills, got 8 hours of sleep, made a lunch with the perfect balance of carbs and protein to be eaten at exactly the right amount ahead of time for optimal digestion-  all to promote the best possible fitness experience.  THEN I twisted my ankle at work this morning...argh!  
Nothing major, just turned my foot the wrong way while wearing heeled shoes.  I've done it before.  (In those same shoes, as a matter of fact.)  But for once I was SO READY to exercise.  I thought about canceling, but then figured maybe we could just work around it, so drove over to the gym anyway.  My trainer wasn't even there!  Apparently he was running late from the airport.  Oh, I was so tempted to turn around and leave.  But I did no such thing.  I stayed!  I stayed and I worked out- all on my own!  45 minutes of cardio and strength training broken down into reps based on the circuits he usually puts me through.  It's amazing how much you can do even with a sore ankle. Yay me!  
Next step, I'm throwing out those damn shoes.  Too bad, they are super cute.  But a girl's gotta set priorities.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment