Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My First Boxing Class

I've been offline for the last month.  Well, at least not posting here on my blog.  Offline and trying to focus on real life instead.  So what have I been doing?  I've been spending a good amount of time gardening out on the deck.  Also drinking tea and watching lots of movies and TV.  The new Vikings show on the History channel is my latest obsession.  


I took my first boxing class last week.  Aside from still learning how to use hand wraps, and how to put that second glove on once the first is already on, it was pretty fun.  I'll admit though, I was nervous ahead of time.  And I still don't feel comfortable punching, not hard anyway.  It feels so unnatural to me.  I just don't understand how those tiny little knuckle bones can avoid damage after being repeatedly pounded into something heavy.  Open palm strikes, elbows and knees, and leg kicks seem much more practical!  

No comments:

Post a Comment