Monday, October 7, 2013

Rest and Relaxation

So I've already missed a few days in the 31 Days Challenge, and you know what?  I'm okay with that.  In fact, it felt really good to make the conscious choice to give myself a break, and take some extra pressure off of myself.  I was already feeling run down and overloaded.  I have a history of pushing myself too hard and too long, until I reach a breaking point. 

The whole point of getting back into writing was to stimulate my own energy, my own creativity- not to meet some arbitrary external deadline.  I have enough of those already.  My naturally perfectionistic personality needs a reminder every now and then to lighten up and unclench.  Instead of pushing myself, I spent this weekend sleeping in, drinking tea, catching up on novels and snuggling with my boyfriend.  I am unapologetically pleased with my choices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment