Friday, October 12, 2012

Race

I used to always be on the run, on the move, always needing to achieve, to acquire, to do, to prove.  I was in a race to get ahead, to prove to myself and everyone else that I was the best and brightest.  To be number one.  To do it all.  Now I am learning to slow down, to pause.  To be in the moment and be truly present to what is happening "now."  To be more authentic.  To just be me.  

I feel so much more in touch, more connected, more grounded, more real.  I am present to the magic in the everyday- the purr of a kitten, the sway of a tree, the smile of a friend.  Magic is alive.  Magic is real.  It is embodied in every living thing, every single moment in time.  Wake up.  Be still.  




(You can view other bloggers' posts on the topic of "Race" here at Five Minute Fridays.)


2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing when we make time for life, just how much fuller life is and how much more life we notice. Continue finding the magic in the ordinary!

    ReplyDelete